Thursday, July 24, 2008

ComicCon: It begins...

Well I never. Here I am in sunny San Diego, and my first ever visit to ComicCon. It's like some kind of Geek Sundance, and everyone who is anyone in the entire worlds of cult film, TV, books, games and, ahem, comics is here, either showcasing or just showing off.

Already we've seen Ghostbusters, Stormtroopers, Batman and Robin, and that was just people dressed-up in the lobby.

In a second I'm off to (surprise surprise) the Doctor Who panel, with Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner and most excitingly of all, Steven Moffatt talking for the first time in public about taking over the series.

But probably a bigger deal in the States is the Torchwood panel right after - Torchwood being BBC America's biggest show ever. Barrowman, and the actors who play Tosh and Ianto will be there, and so will I. Oh yes.

No comments: